BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wine Soap




Soaps can be made from a variety of ingredients besides coconut oil. Water is also a main ingredient, but often in place of water, folk add other liquids. Some include milk, coffee, tea, beer...and wine.

Wine contains lots of fun ingredients that give you some benefits of using it...I won't go into great details at this time. Another post will suffice for that. Only to introduce you the idea of wine in your soap. I chose to use wine in one of my latest trial batches of soaps, just to see how it works. Very different from my usual batches, there were definitely some added precautions I needed to take due to wine's sugar content, which heated up my mixture greatly. But, that's soap talk. Unless you make soap, you will be scratching your head over the ins and outs of what happened.

Just for fun, I tried a lovely California Pink Champagne for my first test batch. Because I have to let my champagne go flat before I can use it in soap, it was extremely important for me to take a wine taste test before allowing a good champagne to flatten. It was good! I gave it 48 hrs to flatten up, then dropped it in my soap mixture.

Because of its different reaction than what I'm used to, I learned some important details about making soap using wine, which I will improve upon in my next batch.

The next batch will also include pink champagne from California. In fact, it will also include some other California type ingredients...avocado oil and almond oil. It seemed fitting if I'm using a California wine, right? P.S. I'm a California native, but haven't actually lived there for over 30 years. I visit often though. You can take the girl out of California, but can't take California out of the girl, I'm afraid.

0 comments: