BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Featuring... Bead n Chain Jewelry






I've picked a few of my favorite items from Jeannine's shop at http://beadnchainjewelry.etsy.com and have pictured them here. She is very talented in her jewelry making and I just love some of her designs. I've pictured a few of my favs here, but it was hard to decide which pictures to choose, she has so many great designs.

Recently, I asked if I could feature her here on my blog and she was happy to do so. I am pleased to feature such a talented artist on my blog site.

Here is Jeannine in her own words:

TELL ME A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF...
I was born and raised in Ottawa, Canada and spent most of my youth dancing Ballet in Canada and England. Married at twenty, have four children, five grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Widowed at the young age of 40 in 1976. I take one day at a time with God's help, and He has seen me through the good and bad times.

WHAT INSPIRES YOU IN YOUR ARTWORK?
Designing my jewelry is an art that the Lord blessed me with. I am not inspired every day but when I am then I'm on a roll.

HOW DID YOU GET INVOLVED IN THIS TYPE OF CRAFT?
When my husband took ill in 1975, our friend taught me and my children to mass produce necklaces and that is what kept us afloat. We did "Flea Markets" back ion N.Y. and somehow managed to earn enough money for food and necessities.







HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING IN YOUR CRAFT?
I started working at my craft 34 yrs ago and although not continually, it has always been there for us when the finances were low.

DO YOU SELL LOCALLY?
I do not sell locally on a regular basis. Sometimes there is a craft fair but not often. When I go to San Diego next month I have a few sales planned at my home and one at the Spring Fest just before Mother's Day

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD?
I keep plugging and never give up. Everyone is very supportive and just when I think the well runs dry, my creative juices start to flow again. Praise the Lord.

Jeannine is such an amazing person, don't you think? Please stop by and visit her amazing shop on etsy. You will love it!

0 comments: