BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's the Motivator?

What motivates you to do the things you do when you do them? Do you so get into doing what you're doing that you forget what you're doing?
I do.
I mean, look at what I'm doing! It's more like, look at what I'm NOT doing. I'm a child of God, that's just who I am. But, being a child of God carries responsibility too. Just like you have the responsibility to honor your parents, your heavenly parent should have honor. But is the motivator called responsibility? Or is it based on love? What's my motivator?
I'm a wife and mother...married with 3 children. I have a family. I desire to keep my family happy, healthy, intact in physical, emotional and spiritual ways. But I can only do so much as the role of the mother in some of these areas. Dads and husbands carry a HUGE responsibility in these areas. I'm the wife and mother only and I am not programmed to take all the responsibility myself. I need to rely on the man in my life and the heavenly Father in my life to share this with. My kids have the responsibility to WANT to be healthy, happy and intact in physical, emotional and spiritual ways as well. Sometimes they are their own worst enemy and thwart everyone else's efforts. Sometimes, I do that too. No one's perfect. What's my motivator to work so hard at giving my family the best possible chance for happiness, sometimes at my own expense?
I'm a registered nurse and I work full time. I have a responsbility to my job and the people who depend on me to do it...my co-workers, patients, and my family that depends on the paycheck I bring home. Why do I do it? Do I LOVE my job? Not really...but I DO care about my co-workers, patients and my family. It's all about relationship in the end, I think. Do I care about the money that I bring home? ABSOLUTELY! Without it, we be in deep doo-doo financially. Despite my hard work, we sometimes are anyway. That is frustrating. Why do I work so hard at this and get so little from it? What's my motivator?
I wrote a book...a novel based on true historical events. Anyone who has ever written a book knows how tough it is to write a book. Choosing the right words, the right nuance, the right moment to say what you want to say and how you want to say it. It's time-consuming. My book is not published, maybe it never will be, but some amazing things have occurred out of writing that book and it's still happening. What was my motivator? Fame? Fortune? Pride? Sense of accomplishment? Love? What's the motivator?
I started a soap business. That was the last thing I thought I would ever do. And yet, here I am doing it. Yes, I can express my creativity, but it is also a lot of hard work that consumes even more of my precious little time. Am I making the big bucks from this? NOPE! I'd like to though. What is my motivator? Do I expect to make big bucks from this little business? There is a chance that I could. Do I want to pay the price? What's my motivator?
What motivates me to do all these things that I do? I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of everything that I DO do. I've just highlighted the main ones.
I really don't know the complete answer to that question, but it does provoke some thought. Perhaps, it will make you want to know what your motivator is when you read this. Why do you do the things that you do? What's your motivator? And when you figure it out, is your motivator worth the sacrifice?

0 comments: