BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 31, 2009

You Never HEARD of THIS?


What? You never heard of this kind of handmade soap? It's amazing! Made from real Japanese Plum wine, it has the sweet, heady fragrance of the sweet dessert wine, plus an added berry wine fragrance to make it a "dessert soap".

Each bar is hand-cut, approximately 3 oz each.

Talk about lather! This soap has lather that doesn't quit; and leaves the lingering scent of the soap behind.

The perfect holiday gift! This was the first time that I used the plum wine for soap-making and it turned out wonderful! The texture is hard, smooth and I'm amazed at the lather it produces! Must be all those ingredients in the plum wine that has made the difference.

Extra precautions had to be made when mixing the wine with the sodium hydroxide due to the sugar content in the wine, the mixture heated up very quickly and was quite hot initially...even though the wine was chilled prior to mixture. I added the sodium hydroxide slowly to prevent over heating and "boiling over" of the mixture.

But the end results were worth the extra precaution.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  It is currently available on my etsy site and will soon be available on the rest of my shops sites.






"...Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Nehemiah 8:10

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your soap! Love the color! I can almost smell it from here, and I might have to pick up some for myself.