BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 8, 2008

Hemp Soaps




Most everyone knows what hemp is. It is a very versatile plant that people make wonderful things out of...rope, yarn, oil, brownies (ahem...), lotions and soaps too. The oil has a distinctive nutty sweet fragrance and it is very good for your skin as well. So, I've decided that I would make some soaps out of this very versatile oil.

If you have any experience with handmade soap, you already know how great the stuff is. You probably also know that soapmakers all over the world vie for your attention in making bright, beautiful, one of a kind soap in various colors and fragrances. The possibilities seem endless. I am also one of those soapmakers that would like for you to say, "Wow! Soapy Blessings is the best there is!" I may be great at some things, not so great in others. My soaps are only limited by my imagination and cost of making the soap itself. If others like it and buy, then I retrieve some of that cost. Otherwise...well, it is the chance all artists take.

Because there are so many options out there to grab your attention to different soaps...tons of colors and fragrances etc, I've decided to try something a little bit different. I made a soap that has NONE of those things! No fragrance except what naturally occurs in the oils; no color except what naturally occurs in the oils.

The result?

NO FRILLS! Soap. It is made with the natural nutty sweet hemp oil which is a very pale green color. I've mixed other oils, including coconut, palm and olive oil to make a well-rounded hard but great on lather soap.

Tired of all the attention grabbing soaps? Try something that is just plain and simple...called NO FRILLS! It will not be available for sale in any of my shops until September of 2008, so stay tuned.

Oh...and for those of you who love all the frills and hemp oil too, I made a hemp oil soap with Cranberry Orange Spice fragrance mixed with a deep cranberry red and vibrant orange. Also not available until September '08.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Try the most exotic handmade soap from Ceylon.

http://www.druera.com/shopping/index.php?cPath=66

Trish's Soapy Blessings said...

Attention all bloggers. Be sure that you have comment moderation placed on your blog site so that you do not have to put up with unsolicited, brazen advertisements like the comment above. I have learned this only just now and have changed my comment moderation settings.

Mary Leedy said...

Hi Trish!
WOW! Are you sure we can't eat these??!! LOL They are the most beautiful soaps I've ever seen. Actually, delicious-looking is the word I would use. I saw a glimpse of the lemon strawberry one in the scrolling picture thingy at the bottom. Do you have a catalog/brochure os the soaps you make?

Mary