Wanting to do something a little different than just the usual swirl a couple of colors around when making cold process soap, I decided to make a small batch of soap the other day. Rather than swirl the colors throughout the soap, I chose to dab some colors on top and make a design. Never having done this before, I wasn't sure how it would all turn out. I figured since it was a small batch, I can afford to be just a little bold and chose black as one of my colors...black, marigold and hot pink on a peachy/pink background of pomegranite scented soap.
The above picture was my end result.
Kind of pretty...even better, the whole concept spurred my think tank to other fun little ideas I could do with the same concept.
This is the kind of experimentation that doesn't blow up in your face. Safe, fun when it turns out well...it would've been fun even if it turned out ugly.
Either way, it is a learning experience and that is what I love about it the best.
These soaps are still in the curing phase which takes several weeks. They won't be ready to use until late May.
Now, on to my next experiment.................
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Posted by Trish's Soapy Blessings at 10:04 PM